Who chooses "you become Bradley?"

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you believe in soulmates?

73% 73% 
[ 8 ]
9% 9% 
[ 1 ]
18% 18% 
[ 2 ]
 
Total Votes : 11

Short.

Post  rosAA on Thu May 21, 2009 1:02 am

I want to thank Proey, Henning, Fermin, Lee, and Phillip for helping me out here.

I will first respond to the idea of soulmates-music because, well, I'm being chased by the THIMUN application deadline. Wow go me. affraid

YESYESYESYESYESYESYEYESYES lee.
I've totally had such an experience with music. Can't really say how many songs I've felt that way with, but there are just some songs that just happens to click into what I feel. Let's acknowledge it. Many of the songs are about loveeeeee. Or at least that is what seems like for at least 3/4 of my iTunes library. And note that at least 70% of my library is composed of Korean songs. Anyway, I couldn't really connect with most of the love songs because I didn't really experience the feeling of love well enough to connect with the songs. There are some lyrics that are totally sad or sweet in some of my favorite songs, but they don't actually CLICK. That attitude where you go, "yeah yeah" and nod your head to, occasionally cry to. The crying comes when it's at around 1-2am, when most people are at the peak of their emotional levels. Or at least I am.

BUT.

Recently, I came across this song. You guys wouldn't know unless you are a Kpop fan and none of you guys are so I won't even bother to elaborate. rabbit Anyway, when I first listened to it, I loved the melody. Double that, it is sung by one of my favorite actors (I'm guessing proey can already guess here that it's my dearest Kim Bum). After I listened to the lyrics more carefully, I realized that it was a love song. HAHA NOTE THE IRONY. I listened to the song so many times in the course of the past two days that it has reached top 2 of my Top 25 Most Played playlist. And that's saying a lot for me because I mainly listen to music on my iPod, not iTunes. I listened to the lyrics, and there was this simplicity and simple descriptions of love in it that I came to fall in love with it. The feelings expressed in it are just.....intangible. Unexplainable. Those of you who went through the same experience would understand.

good lord it's so humid today i just want to wring the sky like a wet mop. I wish it would just POURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR with rain so we would be able to have a cooler day the next day. stupid taiwan.

anyway, the above experience is just one song. There are many others that I've somehow related to and each one is the same yet different, too.

To me, music is just one of the many ways when we can truly pull out our true essence and emotions. It's like poetry, I guess. Music is different from poetry and stories and diary entries because they bring out this unexplainable feeling within you. Have you ever had that one emotion inside of you which you couldn't bring out and define? Something wordless? You can take a piece of music and give your own texture to the song. Let's take the song....um....Fur Elise.
"oh crap i gotta go dump the trash"
"that yearning to be with the woman he loves"
"music that truly appreciates the beauty of women"
Okay some of them are pretty corny but the above three are the kind of....TEXTURES that I get from the song Fur Elise by Beethoven. The hint of mystery from music has that one key, and that key can click with you. Now I'm getting back to the concept of soulmates. If you can click with that keyhole of that particular music/song/whatever, then that's your soulmate. You can't say I'm going to force myself to mold around and click with it. That's just not possible. You click with it through your Being, your essence. That...thing within you that's unexplainable. Because once you explain it, it becomes classified and caged within its definition/explanation. Sound familiar?
avatar
rosAA

Posts : 40
Join date : 2009-05-12
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who chooses "you become Bradley?"

Post  Philly_CS on Thu May 21, 2009 1:17 am

Lots of quotes due to the fact that I'm falling asleep, don't mind me.
Rosa wrote:That attitude where you go, "yeah yeah" and nod your head to, occasionally cry to. The crying comes when it's at around 1-2am, when most people are at the peak of their emotional levels. Or at least I am.
That's known as my "of frick I'm almost asleep" period

rOsa wrote:good lord it's so humid today i just want to wring the sky like a wet mop. I wish it would just POURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR with rain so we would be able to have a cooler day the next day. stupid taiwan.
Spontaneous response, good. I like how you just jutted it in between your flow of thinking. Or maybe that's just how you think. Bah hahaha I'm so tired.

roSa wrote:You can take a piece of music and give your own texture to the song. Let's take the song....um....Fur Elise.
"oh crap i gotta go dump the trash"

Okay, now, this is just insulting. >Sad This may be due to the fact that this may be one of my most played song on the piano. but enough about that.

If we absolutely MUST discuss music, I would suggest everyone to read over my topic again....including me. I am absolutely sure we discussed this topic already with the music and the connection and the feeling and stuff. Blah. Though I've had this experience too. It's that music where you listen and you just stop everything you're doing. I smiled a few times at some guitar riff and some drumming fill-ins. I don't know. It's just that feeling...you know? But the strange thing is, this feeling comes and goes. One day I listen to the song, oup. I just HAVE to stop everything. Normally I listen to music when I draw (because I get very easily distracted by music...or I should say, attracted to it), and it's just this feeling where I put down the pencil and just sit there looking at the wall dumbfounded and listening, drinking in the musical essence. Then the next day, poof. The feeling's gone. I can't get the feeling back even though it's the same song, even though I try to hold that feeling in my mind. It's just gone. Then a few days later it starts again with a DIFFERENT song. Geez. It's very confusing, I can assure you.

Though I don't usually cry when I listen to songs, I just kind of take everything as I go. Usually I will want to listen to fast paced music to get me fired up and ready to draw anything. However, maybe if I just lower my ego mind's restrictions on me, maybe I can just draw listening to any kind of music. Heck, even the sound of the computer fan will be enough to keep me inspired. I dunno, because, you know, as I said before, anything is everything, everything is anything. So maybe I should stare at my speakers for inspiration.

Bye bye, I really have to go. It's getting to that time period where I'll go all crazy and stuff and start acting Irish or British depending on the mood. yeah, bye.
avatar
Philly_CS

Posts : 31
Join date : 2009-05-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who chooses "you become Bradley?"

Post  Ajk on Thu May 21, 2009 1:01 pm

Whew! this is some discussion, diagram and all. This is my first return back and wow, you guys have developed this into quite a particular discussion in tryng to make your points, ie Pro's diagram, and henning's comments and Vicky's observation that this question is ultimately unanswerale, but let's just trust that the universal essence is there.

I was hoping to see more of a shift once you reprhased your topic, but it does seem like those who were already in your discussions did indeed understand.

Ok!
Great stuff. Very Happy

_________________
please see our forum at www.transparency.phpbb9.com/ and
[url]http:transparenteyeballers.blogspot.com[/url][/url]
avatar
Ajk
Admin

Posts : 52
Join date : 2009-05-07

View user profile http://transparency.phpbb9.com; www.transparenteyeballers.blogsp

Back to top Go down

MUCHO RESPONSE.

Post  rosAA on Thu May 21, 2009 10:30 pm

SOSOSOSOSOSO.
Rosa is officially caught up with her life. People clap for me.
So now she will go into replying and responding many of your posts :]

Joeyy: In response to your interesting question to what makes us the same and what makes us different -- essentially, what makes up the sugar coating on the M&Ms, I think that this comes to the topic of the ego-mind and external environments. Isn't it possible that we are made different as a person as we become affected by the ego-mind and the external environment? Our Beings are also different even though it isn't affected by the external environment. Our uniqueness can be found through the presence of the ego-mind as well as our Beings. However, the nut-part of the actual M&M, the part of which we all belong as the same thing, I believe it to be Instinct, the soul. Something intangible...I can't really seem to go much further into it. I hope people would answer this part of the question -- what about the souls within the Universal Being makes them homogeneous?

As for the question about the soulmates, what I wanted to ask was whether souls can recognize each other. Let's take the concept of reincarnation to account. If two souls met in like 3000 BC in ancient egypt and then are reincarnated into different physical forms in 2009 in taiwan, will they be able to feel that special connection? Some people may think that this is kind of overrated through girly fantasy stories and such but there must be a reason behind why such a concept came up in the first place, right?
avatar
rosAA

Posts : 40
Join date : 2009-05-12
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Response to leeeee

Post  rosAA on Thu May 21, 2009 10:48 pm

Dearest Lee, you made a crazily long response that I'm really grateful for :]

From your response about soulmates, here's my question: Wouldn't soulmates actually be able to see past the ego-mind with each other "at first glance" and actually be able to recognize this sort of deeper connection that trespasses the ego-mind and goes into the Being and the essence? Wouldn't this be what truly makes soulmates soulmates? Because they can feel a special connection between the souls, not the external sides of the ego-minds?
So is what you are saying that confident people are usually more attuned to their Beings? Shouldn't we question that even further? Wouldn't confident people appear to be those kind of people who are unafraid to speak up their minds and what they may be wanting to speak? However, there are no guarantees that they might just be speaking up what the ego-mind wants to say when it goes into overdrive. Do you get my questioning here? Saying that confident people are more attuned to their Beings seems rather faulty here because they might just be speaking up their opinions and statements that are actually coming from the ego-mind rambling on and on in their own heads.
And I already replied to you thing about musicccc hope you liked that one Razz
avatar
rosAA

Posts : 40
Join date : 2009-05-12
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Response to FERMIN.

Post  rosAA on Thu May 21, 2009 11:01 pm

Haha thanks for replying to my question :]
Honestly speaking perhaps because my question is more...not that direct and harder to do it's hard to get many responses hahahaha Surprised

You asked about how what if we didn't have any minds at all and used only our essence and Intuition. And the thing about why didn't the Universal Being just create a perfect world? What about the factor about unlimited potential? By leaving everything as part of a "perfect world" wouldn't the factor of unlimited potential become crossed out? Here's a little example: when we are usually around two years old, we are told by our moms to not touch the iron because it is really hot. Our curiosity usually gets the better of us and we go ahead and touch it, feel the pain, learn from the pain, and understand to get our butts away from the iron. Or at least that's the experience I went through. So the point is that we learn from our experiences and our mistakes. This helps us achieve our unlimited potential because we grow from these experiences. If we are made to be in perfection through the Universal Being and contain only our essence and Intuition, wouldn't this hinder our possibilities into growth?
avatar
rosAA

Posts : 40
Join date : 2009-05-12
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who chooses "you become Bradley?"

Post  joannneee on Fri May 22, 2009 12:13 am

Philly_CS wrote:Lots of quotes due to the fact that I'm falling asleep, don't mind me.
Rosa wrote:That attitude where you go, "yeah yeah" and nod your head to, occasionally cry to. The crying comes when it's at around 1-2am, when most people are at the peak of their emotional levels. Or at least I am.
That's known as my "of frick I'm almost asleep" period

rOsa wrote:good lord it's so humid today i just want to wring the sky like a wet mop. I wish it would just POURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR with rain so we would be able to have a cooler day the next day. stupid taiwan.
Spontaneous response, good. I like how you just jutted it in between your flow of thinking. Or maybe that's just how you think. Bah hahaha I'm so tired.

roSa wrote:You can take a piece of music and give your own texture to the song. Let's take the song....um....Fur Elise.
"oh crap i gotta go dump the trash"

Okay, now, this is just insulting. >Sad This may be due to the fact that this may be one of my most played song on the piano. but enough about that.

If we absolutely MUST discuss music, I would suggest everyone to read over my topic again....including me. I am absolutely sure we discussed this topic already with the music and the connection and the feeling and stuff. Blah. Though I've had this experience too. It's that music where you listen and you just stop everything you're doing. I smiled a few times at some guitar riff and some drumming fill-ins. I don't know. It's just that feeling...you know? But the strange thing is, this feeling comes and goes. One day I listen to the song, oup. I just HAVE to stop everything. Normally I listen to music when I draw (because I get very easily distracted by music...or I should say, attracted to it), and it's just this feeling where I put down the pencil and just sit there looking at the wall dumbfounded and listening, drinking in the musical essence. Then the next day, poof. The feeling's gone. I can't get the feeling back even though it's the same song, even though I try to hold that feeling in my mind. It's just gone. Then a few days later it starts again with a DIFFERENT song. Geez. It's very confusing, I can assure you.

Though I don't usually cry when I listen to songs, I just kind of take everything as I go. Usually I will want to listen to fast paced music to get me fired up and ready to draw anything. However, maybe if I just lower my ego mind's restrictions on me, maybe I can just draw listening to any kind of music. Heck, even the sound of the computer fan will be enough to keep me inspired. I dunno, because, you know, as I said before, anything is everything, everything is anything. So maybe I should stare at my speakers for inspiration.

Bye bye, I really have to go. It's getting to that time period where I'll go all crazy and stuff and start acting Irish or British depending on the mood. yeah, bye.

Taking the idea from Phil - "Then the next day, poof. The feeling's gone. I can't get the feeling back even though it's the same song, even though I try to hold that feeling in my mind" - I understand that feeling. It's like there's one moment of complete perfection when you listen to a song and the next moment it's history; like how one day one idea would feel like genius and the next day it won't.

Going back to the soul mate question, I was wondering: isn't that the same way with friends (in a way, they're your 'other' kind of soul mate)? One moment you seem to completely GET it with each other, but the next moment there's like a sudden wall in between that's transparent but there. Adopting the idea that we're always constantly changing, would it be fair to say that we can have different soul mates at different times? Or must we always have the same soul mate? In other words, as we develop and change as a human being, and considering that the Universal Essence is within each and every one of us, is it possible for us to have different soul mates at a different moment?

But then according to Fermin's conversation about telepathy, if we opened our beings completely and discarded all our ego-mind trash, then we should be able to communicate with everyone. And we may all be able to find a soul mate in each other. These ideas seem contradicting, assuming that we all have 'one' soul mate, but yet both can exist is viewed in their own individual perspectives.
avatar
joannneee

Posts : 57
Join date : 2009-05-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who chooses "you become Bradley?"

Post  Emily Y on Fri May 22, 2009 12:45 am

About "souls" being distinguished...maybe we all started out with the same soul and then the conditions we grew up with changed us! like maybe bradley and say...JT started out with the same...kind? of soul but because they grew up in different families and experienced different things their soul changed to adapt? hmm...now it's sounding sort of far-fetched. Also there's the problem of do nonliving things have souls? We do not know if they get intuitions from the higher power...
haha I hope I'm helping!! XD
avatar
Emily Y

Posts : 27
Join date : 2009-05-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who chooses "you become Bradley?"

Post  hen on Fri May 22, 2009 12:51 am

Seems I stumbled across an interesting point regarding soulmates recognizing one another.

So far, the discussion yield the conclusion that true soulmates are able to recognize each other in the form of seeing past their ego minds.

Here's my question, and possibly the first argument that defends the other side of the discussion.
The common origin is located at the non local domain, where things can exist everywhere at the same time. If this is the case, shouldn't "love at first sight" be an invalid argument as it is a phenomena that is affected by location? Shouldn't true soulmates actually be able to sense and recognize each other as soon as they are born, regardless of where they are located? Shouldn't someone who lives in say, Berlin be able to sense his/her soulmate living in New Zealand, as the souls are non-local?

Actually,the real question is: Is the soul local, or non-local? Depending on the answer, I believe answering this may or may not conclude the original question of whether souls can recognize each other or not. If the souls are local, then the question remains unanswered. If souls haven't changed since the common origin and still remain non local, then logically the answer would have to be no, as the process of recognizing our soulmate still requires proximity (that is, the physical distance between two people).

Hold that thought. I'm partially wrong again. Answering whether the soul is local or non-local only actually answers if there are soulmates or not. While there may not be an unbreakable bond between us and our soulmate at birth, the concept of the "unbreakable bond at birth" itself isn't necessarily non-existent. Like I mentioned before in my first post, the answer may lie within identical twins.
Identical twins actually are shown to have some sort of telepathic bond between each other at birth, and some testimonies claim that twins are able to know if anything goes wrong with the other despite his or her location, meaning a non-local connection.
But then again, doesn't this mean that only certain souls are able to recognize other souls? Why would this be?

Sorry for constantly changing the direction of the question, lots of it was realized during the process of writing it.
avatar
hen

Posts : 80
Join date : 2009-05-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who chooses "you become Bradley?"

Post  proey on Fri May 22, 2009 1:36 am

Well, Henning, I get your point, and that seems very likely. I mean, you would not know your soulmate from Madagascar. That was just a random country name lol. Though you could be driven by that intuitive knowing, thus comes in the concept of "fate." Are we fated to meet our soulmates, though it is up to us to recognize them? Or must we depend on luck to meet them? I would believe the former. Maybe you became a zoologist that specializes in lemurs, move to Madagascar, meet your soulmate. Ta-daaa. Happily ever after. Or not?

Anyways, yeah, there is probably a particular proximity that souls need to be in order to recognize each other--actually IF they recognize each other. We've all seen those stories where love is realized over time, rather than at first sight. Perhaps it depends on the persons involved--if they are able to reach to their Intuition and find what they feel. Oftentimes these feelings are disguised as lust, and superficiality, despite what you might think. Are people able to truly love anyone besides their soulmates? And I don't mean friendly or familial love. Like romantic love, you know? Suspect <--that face is hilarious.

Yeah, about twins, they do seem to have an unbreakable bond at birth. But if you were separated from your twin at birth, would you intuitively know that you have a twin, until you meet him/her? Damn I just reminded myself of that movie, "Alone." Then again, the "Parent Trap" kids took forever to realize they were twins even though they looked exactly alike. Though I'm guessing movies are an inaccurate source, it's interesting how the bonds between twins could be seen as super strong or nonexistent.
avatar
proey

Posts : 42
Join date : 2009-05-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who chooses "you become Bradley?"

Post  Vincent_Lee on Fri May 22, 2009 10:10 pm

rosAA wrote:Dearest Lee, you made a crazily long response that I'm really grateful for :]

So is what you are saying that confident people are usually more attuned to their Beings? Shouldn't we question that even further? Wouldn't confident people appear to be those kind of people who are unafraid to speak up their minds and what they may be wanting to speak? However, there are no guarantees that they might just be speaking up what the ego-mind wants to say when it goes into overdrive. Do you get my questioning here? Saying that confident people are more attuned to their Beings seems rather faulty here because they might just be speaking up their opinions and statements that are actually coming from the ego-mind rambling on and on in their own heads.
And I already replied to you thing about musicccc hope you liked that one Razz

Yeah, I get what you mean. I was trying to draw a comparison for the idea I was trying to explain about how people highly attuned with their being radiate this kind of aura, as how confident people tend to have an attention-drawing presence. It is a faulty comparison for the reasons you mention though, and I should've brought them up. Forgive me Laughing And I agree that sometimes people's confidence are misplaced.

And as weird as it may sound, I envy you being able to cry when listening to music. Never ever happened to me. It might if I bump my head really hard on something while strolling about aimlessly listening to my iPod but otherwise it'll take a while to open up that part inside of me. I personally tend to respond to music much better at a live setting and I tend to respond in a much more physical manner. Henning and Ken will discover that firsthand tomorrow. Laughing
avatar
Vincent_Lee

Posts : 77
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 107
Location : In Your Head

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who chooses "you become Bradley?"

Post  Andy.S on Sat May 23, 2009 9:46 pm

But then again, doesn't this mean that only certain souls are able to recognize other souls? Why would this be?

Perhaps souls are only attracted to those who have the same "substance" and/or vice versa? I picture it as a magnetic attraction between postive and negative forces. How do you explain this attraction? All we know is that they do attract but do not really know why. So yeah, maybe the soul has this sort of mechanism? An attraction that only "recognizes" and therefore "pull toward" another soul/being? Then after that it depends on the mind itself to perform whatever actions regarding to? I dunno really, but I just felt like posting anyways Smile

By the way Lee, how come you have never cried to a song before? Too much death metal? xD
just kidding ^_^
avatar
Andy.S

Posts : 47
Join date : 2009-05-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who chooses "you become Bradley?"

Post  Emily Y on Sun May 24, 2009 10:53 pm

Is the soul local, or non-local?
Henning, I think the soul is local. Connecting back to Rosa's original topic, if the soul is local then doesn't it sort of explain why we are different from eachother yet coming from the same being? hm...does that work? Well I think all of our souls are local because our souls are affected by distance...our soul cannot leave our body until the body is dead...and such...
avatar
Emily Y

Posts : 27
Join date : 2009-05-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who chooses "you become Bradley?"

Post  Vincent_Lee on Sun May 24, 2009 11:37 pm

Andy.S wrote:By the way Lee, how come you have never cried to a song before? Too much death metal? xD
just kidding ^_^

Nonsense. Cannibal Corpse's "Hammer Smashed Face" would bring tears to my eyes if it didn't make me want to kick baby seals. And Brain Drill would make my heart soar if it didn't make it burst from the sheer adrenaline from songs like "Swine Slaughter" and "Bury the Living". Laughing I jest. I love baby seals too much to want to kick them. If I was listening to Insect Warfare though, then perhaps that would be a different story... JUST KIDDING!

Seriously though, I just can't reach that part of me that wants to cry. It's probably buried too deep. Probably was buried alive as well. Laughing Death metal I connect with because it's not hard for see something that really pisses me off and the sheer rage in death metal helps me relieve that. But it's not like I listen to death metal that much anyways. Razz Maybe recently, but otherwise, nope.

hen wrote:Is the soul local, or non-local?
If we are equating the soul to the Being, then the soul is nonlocal.
avatar
Vincent_Lee

Posts : 77
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 107
Location : In Your Head

View user profile

Back to top Go down

PROEY IS A LAZY BUM.

Post  rosAA on Mon May 25, 2009 10:17 pm

soso proey is lazy so i'm posting up the answer she has to reply to lee's reply above. Good lord she's lazy. This is through MSN:

proey says:
the soul = local, because it is individual. each person/thing has its individual soul, as a part of the whole nonlocal consciousness. however you could argue that the soul of the UNIVERSE itself is nonlocal. i guess it depends on what soul you're talking about. a soul that resides within a human/part of nature is local, for it has passed through the channel of intuition already--giving each soul
proey says:
distinctive characteristics. Very Happy
proey says:
so you could say that the soul is the distinguishing factor for the physical entity that contains it, for it is different in everything. going back to your first question
proey says:
ok i'm done What a Face
avatar
rosAA

Posts : 40
Join date : 2009-05-12
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who chooses "you become Bradley?"

Post  John on Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:53 pm

rosAA wrote:

As for the question about the soulmates, what I wanted to ask was whether souls can recognize each other. Let's take the concept of reincarnation to account. If two souls met in like 3000 BC in ancient egypt and then are reincarnated into different physical forms in 2009 in taiwan, will they be able to feel that special connection? Some people may think that this is kind of overrated through girly fantasy stories and such but there must be a reason behind why such a concept came up in the first place, right?

Hey rosAA,

I wish I had been involved with this discussion when it was being discussed. It is a major theme at my web site as is the connection to essence that I suggest.

I am also a deep thinker and these ideas are easily understood, that is if we choose to try.

The law of attraction states that like attracts like. Energies of a similar frequence are drawn to each other. Since our essence is energy, we most surly fine some of our fellow humans more attractive than others. I thought that was a no brainer.

We are all connected to All That Is energetically. Our essence is energy. It makes perfect sense to me that there are those we energetically align with at the deepest level. I even go so far as to suggest that there is always one we are most aligned with. That in my mind is not such a hard concept to embrace.

Now to your specific question. Would we recognize each other when we meet? The answer is yes, if and only if we are able to recognize how we feel and trust those feelings.

That is my view. I do not see it as a hard concept to digest.

John
avatar
John

Posts : 32
Join date : 2009-06-11
Age : 74
Location : Lowell, Massachusetts USA

View user profile http://www.telepathyacademy.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Who chooses "you become Bradley?"

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum